Well where am I?
I still stay at home and don't go out if not to go to the florists and the cemetary. Oh and of course to do shopping. Why? Maybe because I'm really not ready for people's pity. I really don't want them feeling sorry for me. I just want them to UNDERSTAND. Ok I know they will never be able to undertand if they haven't been through it themselves...but at least think. "She's lost her daughter.... she felt her grow for eight months inside her womb. What could it be like? What can I say to make her feel better? Well..... The only thing that would ever make her feel better is having her daughter back. That's impossibile. So I just better not say anything. Say I'm sorry.... give her a hug. Let her speak if she wants to. Cry if she wants to..... but I don't want say....anything else.!" There ..... why don't people think that?
I still cry.... I don't cry all day though. I smile..... and sometimes I also laugh with my boys. After laughing I think about Thea and say to myself.... WHY.... can't she be here to laugh and smile with us??????
The anxiety that I used to have... has seemed to get better. I don't feel like my heart is coming out of my chest every time I go out the front door to the three places I have been to.
I've started dieting. The thing that made me want to lose weight was a question asked by a woman in a shop. She asked my boys "what has mummy got in her tummy?" I answered for them..... there was someone.... but there isn't anymore. The wierdest thing is..... I did it for her. I answered before my boys did. I just knew Gero would say "My little sister was in there before but now she's at the cemetary".... then she would have felt like Crap all day. Thing is I felt like crap all day..... and the day after.... but I'm now used to feeling like crap. Anyway about the diet, I really don't want to hear anyone else saying something like that again. So instead of living with my "fake bump".... I'm going to try and get rid of it.
I've really found help, reading blogs.... reading forums.... writting on here on my blog and in forums. I've been writting a diary too. I really think that creating things help a lot. I'm thinking about making a little corner of the house or on the veranda just for Thea. Full of little plants and flowers .... a rocking chair ..... where I can imagine her sitting on my lap.
I have been thinking of the future. I thought I never would again. But I was thinking about what to do for Thea's Angel Birthday. Hoping that it is God's will to make me see that day. I know it's a bit of a morbid thought. It's just a realisation that your here today and maybe gone tomorrow. I was so sure that I would see my baby. It just took a second .... and everything changed. I learned my lesson. As my dad says "Don't count your chickens before they hatch". So I'm thinking of today......but that future project has given me hope.
Seeing other peoples babies isn't that bad. I thought I would be worse. If I see baby boys then I'm fine. I've even held one. But baby girls. Little ones of Thea's age. Now that is something I can't handle. I'm not jealous. I don't want their mothers to go through what I've been through. I just get really sad and nostalgic about what I don't have anymore. Of what should have been and wondering..... at what stage would we have been in at the moment. I think we would have been doing her first jabs. I would have taken her like I did with Luca and Gero..... and she would have cried like they did ... and I would have conforted her.... even given her some breast milk for comfort. I would have wiped away her tears.... and said.... 'don't worry mummy's here. It's all over and done with'. Now mummy is here. Your not. There are tears. My tears. No sight of breast milk.... just emptiness. Empty breasts... empty bump and empty arms.
Another thing that has changed ..... is my love for Thea. I didn't think it would..... but it has. I love her more and more everyday. My love is growing for her even though she is not.
ONE thing that hasn't changed in form, or size.... is that I miss her. I miss her so much just like the day they told me her little heart had stopped beating. I miss her like when she was born and she wasn't with me anymore. I miss her like when I saw the hurse getting further and further away from the hospital.
Nothing I have written has made any sense. If you've got to this point then give yourself a great big pat on the back.
Questo è un progetto iniziato qui dal blog still life with circles
Quindi dove sono?
Sto ancora a casa e non esco se non per andare dal fioraio e al cimitero. Oh certo anche per andare a fare la spesa. Perchè? Forse perchè non sono pronta per la pietà della gente. Non voglio che provano pietà di me. Voglio che CAPISCANO. Va bene lo so, non potranno mai capire se non hanno provato quello che significa... ma almeno possono pensare... " Ha perso sua figlia.... l'ha sentita crescere dentro di se per 8 mesi. Come potrebbe essere? Cosa potrei dire per farle stare meglio? Beh.... L'unica cosa che potrebbe farla stare meglio e riavere sua figlia. Questo è impossibile. Quindi è meglio non dire niente. Le dico che mi dispiace.... l'abbraccio. La faccio parlare se vuole. La faccio piangere se vuole.... ma io non voglio dire altro!" ecco.... perchè la gente non pensa questo?
Piango ancora...Non piango tutto il giorno. Sorrido... e certe volte rido con il miei ometti. Dopo aver riso penso a Thea e mi chiedo PERCHE'.... non puo' essere qui per ridere e sorridere con noi???
L'ansia che avevo .... sembra essere migliorato. Non sento il cuore che sta per saltare fuori dal mio petto come prima quando uscivo dal portone di casa per andare in quei tre posti.
Ho iniziato una dieta. La cosa che mi ha spinto a perdere peso era una domanda fatta da una signora in un negozio. Ha chiesto ai miei ometti 'cos'ha la mamma nella pancia?' Ho risposto per loro.... c'era ... ma ora non c'è più'. La cosa più strana è che l'ho fatto per lei. Ho risposto prima dei miei ometti. Sapevo che Gero avrebbe risposto 'mia sorella era la dentro prima ma adesso è al cimitero'..... poi si sarebbe sentita come una M. tutto il giorno. La cosa è che io mi sento di M. tutto il giorno.... e il giorno dopo.... ma sono abituata ormai a sentirmi di M. Ritornando alla dieta, non voglio sentire nessuno fare questi tipi di domande. Quindi ho deciso che invece di convivere con il mio "finto pancione".... cerchero' di farlo andare via.
Ho davvero trovato di grande aiuto leggere i blog.... leggendo vari forum.... scrivere qui sul mio blog e nel forum. Sto scrivendo un diario pure. Penso pure che un po' di creatività aiuta pure tanto. Stavo pensando di creare un angolo della casa o della veranda solo per Thea. Pieno di piccole piante.... una sedia a dondolo.... dopo posso immaginare lei lì in braccio a me.
Stavo pensado al futuro. Non pensavo di pensare mai al futuro. Ma stavo pensando a cosa fare per il Compleangelo di Thea. Sperando che è il volere di Dio farmi vedere quel giorno. Lo so è un pensiero un po' macabro. E' solo la realizzazione che oggi ci sei e forse non ci sei domani. Io ero così sicura che stavo per incontrare mia figlia. Ci è voluto solo un secondo......e tutto è cambiato. Ho imparato la mia lezione. Come dice mio papà " non contare i pulcini prima che nascono". Così penso ad oggi.... ma questo progetto futuro mi ha dato speranza.
Vedere i neonati degli altri non è così male. Pensavo di stare peggio. Se vedo maschi allora sto bene. L'ho pure preso in braccio. Ma le femminucce. Quelle piccole della stessa età di Thea. Allora questo è diverso e non riesco a gestirlo. Non sono gelosa. Non voglio che le mamme debbano passare quello che ho passato io. Divento triste e nostalgica di quello che non ho più. Di quello che doveva essere e pensare a quale fase saremo. Adesso credo che sarebbe il momento dei primi vaccini. L'avrei portata a fare i vaccini come ho fatto per i suoi fratelli.... avrebbe pianto come loro...e l'avrei confortata... anche dandole del latte dal seno. Le avrei asciugata le lacrime.... e detto... ' non ti preoccupare la mamma è qui con te. E' tutto finito'. Adesso la mamma è qui. Tu no. Ci sono le lacrime. La mie. Il latte materno non c'è... solo il vuoto. Seno vuoto....pancia vuota.... braccia vuote.
Un'altra cosa che è cambiata .... è il mio amore per Thea. Non pensavo sarebbe cambiato. la amo di più ogni giorno che passa. Il mio amore cresce per lei anche se lei non cresce.
UNA cosa non è cambiata in forma o in misura.... cio'è che mi manca. Mi manca così tanto proprio come il giorno che mi hanno detto che il suo cuoricino si era fermato. Mi manca come quando è nata e non era più con me. Mi manca come quando ho visto il carro funebre allontanarsi sempre più dall'ospedale.
Niente di quello che ho scritto ha alcun senso. Se sei arrivato fin qui datti una pacca sulla spalla.

Your post made sense to me, and I'm so very sorry. I wish your little Thea was in your arms, where she belongs.
RispondiEliminaGlad you got involved in Angie's project. All my love to you as you work your way through the intensity of these early months of grief. I didn't start blogging until 3-4 months later, so you're doing well in my eyes.
xo
Thank you!!!!
RispondiEliminaMaria, everything you said made sense.
RispondiEliminaI lost a little girl, too. I don't blog about it, because I can't. I lost her seven years ago and just am not to the point where I can talk about it yet. I guess that means I probably wont ever get there...
I think it's wonderful that you can. In a way, you're helping me. You say things I can't. My prayers are with you and your sweet family. xoxo
I'm so sorry you can't grieve your little girl.
RispondiEliminathank you for your prayers.
xxxxx
Such a heartfelt post... grief is so overwhelming. Love this project and will post mine soon. Thinking of you always xoxo
RispondiEliminanewyearmum2blogspot.com
Grazie mille per aver partecipato a questo progetto. Il mio italiano non è più così buono. I have to switch to English. Two months is so fresh and raw. Be gentle with yourself. You are amazing. And I am so sorry Thea is not with you. It is so cruel. Much love to you. xo
RispondiEliminaThank you newyearmum
RispondiEliminaand thank you too angie!!! Your Italian is perfect.
Maria, I am so sorry that your Thea isn't in your arms right now. I read your words and they take me back to those first few months of loss. I am so sorry you are there and that so many people really don't know what to say or do in the face of your grief. Sending love.
RispondiEliminaThank you Erica.
RispondiEliminaI love your little girl's name - so beautiful. I am sorry she died - and so recently. These early months are so hard. I remember not leaving the house unless it was a necessity and yes - I relate completely to not wanting to face people's pity. I felt for so long as though I had "dead baby" tatooed on my forehead, I still do some days. I wish you gentle days as you grieve deeply and love and miss your daughter.
RispondiElimina