The 2nd of July was my birthday. This year I managed to handle it a little better than last year. Last year I didn't want anyone to mention my birthday.... let alone give me birthday wishes.
I kept thinking about how wonderful it would have been to celebrate my birthday with Thea and my boys. My boys wanted to take me to the beach. I hadn't been for over a year and a half and didn't feel like it.... but they went on and on at me.... in the end I gave up. We went to the swimming pool instead.
It was three months from losing my brother John. I kept thinking that I was a birthday wish too short. HIS birthday wish. It would always arrive ...every year! This year it's missing..... I'm sure he's with me and looking over me with Thea in his arms.
The thing I overheard today made me quite angry.
Gero was playing outside with one of our neighbour's children. They have two. A one year old and a 7 year old. Gero was playing with the 7 year old but looking at the 1 year old. A lady that was passing by said to him "If you want a little brother or sister ask mummy and daddy to go buy you one". (that's what they say over here "buying a baby"). I wish it was as easy as going into a shop and going to buy a baby. WE all know it's not.
The thing that made me angry was this lady.... knows what has happened to us. Why would she go and say something like that for?
Happy birthday... and hoping each year gets easier for you. Thinking of you always xoxo
RispondiElimina